There is some crucial information to know about the recent recruitment period. It is important to realize that September 1 marks the beginning of the contact period. College coaches can now send Junior and Senior college prospects a lot more communication.
Here are some forms of communication that can take place, however the most common are:
- Weekly phone calls from college coaches (one per week)
- Personal correspondence from college coaches via text, phone or email
- High school campus visit (only one)
- Verbal Scholarship Offers
- Invitations for official college campus visits
- Recruiting materials such as college brochures and letters
Athletes who experience this level of communication can be sure that it is a favorable indicator of interest.
However, athletes not getting any communication should start being proactive immediately. There is an old but true phase, “if you keep doing what you’re doing, you will keep getting what you”re getting.” If the results you have are not what you expected then it’s time to make a change.
Student athletes and supportive parents should consider contacting a reputable and credible recruiting resource like PrepStar to to learn how to increase exposure and open recruiting communication with college coaches.
Have questions? Need help? Contact me to set up a time to talk (get free advise!) or use the comment section below.