Now that Thanksgiving is over, and in-spite of the early departments store displays in October, we can safely say that the holidays are officially here. In no time at all it will be Christmas and a New Year will be upon us. For 2018 student-athletes hoping to get recruited a major season of recruiting is also here and soon so will Signing Day.
Since, most students have a little more time available over the holidays I want to ensure them have a happy and merry recruiting season so I put together a short list for those serious about getting recruited.
Every year student athletes are surprised to find no offers under the tree but so I suggest making sure these things are on your list…and check it twice.
Here are a few items that should be on your list.
- Highlight or skills video. Make sure have good, quality, clear footage.
- Update stats or metrics to the most recent measurements as possible.
- Purge social media of inappropriate posts. When in doubt, just delete it.
- Role-play and practice the conversation you hope to have with a college coach.
- Plan campus visits to colleges highest on your list.
- Schedule and study for the ACT/SAT college entry exams.
Have questions? Need help? Get a FREE recruiting consultation on any of the items on this list by just clicking here or leave a comment below.
Or, if a few hours of research is something you want to do with your extra holiday time, you’ll be able to find plenty of tips and information online to help you.
My best to you this holiday recruiting season.