Nearly one out of five college athletes taking the field, court, pool, or pitch are the first from their family to attend college. According to a recent study published by the NCAA
1. 18% of NCAA student- athletes are first in their family to go to college
2. Over 80% of students whose parents attended college receive financial help from their family to pay for college tuition.
3. Needs based aids and government loans are required for 64% of first generation students to fund college tuition.
4. Of first generation college student athletes 53% would not have attended college if it weren’t for athletic scholarships.
5. 55% of first generation students are concerned that high tuition cost will keep them from completing their bachelor’s degree.
Athletics are an excellent way to supplement college tuition. That is, if an athlete is good enough to compete at the next level.
- Every year more than 7,000,000 young men and women compete in high school and club team sports.
- Less than 6% of high school athletes will ever compete in sports on the collegiate level.
Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, many good athletes go unnoticed. And each year hundreds of college scholarships go unfilled. Recruiting assistance is available for high school student- athletes dreaming of playing the sport they love at the next level. Find out how PrepStar can help student athletes get both athletic and academic scholarship money for college.
Contact Coach Mike with recruiting questions at firstname.lastname@example.org