Now that the powers that be are deciding to loosen the stay-at-home restrictions soon practices and games will resume. This is very exciting news. Recently, many of my conversations with coaches and athletes suggest that teams are starting to come together at the end of June and first week of July. However, there will definitely be some modifications.
Here’s what we know.
Sport will look like sport but it will be different
- there will be weird restrictions and over cautious regulations (no spiting in baseball????)
- there will be fewer fans in the stands
What we can be sure of
- sports are back
- athletes will compete
- recruting will continue to move forward
What will soon be known
- those that put in the work will succeed
- those that didn’t will fail
- those that stopped their recruiting will surely be behind.
As I have written before, high performing athletes have no off season. Their goals won’t allow them to take time off. Instead, those goals are like a magnet drawing them in.
But for those who decided to slack off, or who were convinced that recruiting wasn’t happing during the Dead Period, here are a few things to do immediately.
- Get off your a*s and get to work! There is nothing more to say about that .
- Get some help, right away. Find someone who has the contacts necessary to get your name out there. Exposure is key to the recruiting game. Get it right away.
- Invest in yourself. It will cost you time, sweat, and money to get recruited. Nothing worthwhile is free but things that are worthwhile come at a cost. Truthfully, it will cost you now or cost you in the future, so you can invest in yourself now or pay the price in the future.